Thursday, October 1, 2015

Good morning! 
I had a coworker of mine asked me what I did my first moments of my wake up/day.  What a great question and I appreciate the interest.  The first thing I do is make a big up of coffee, Ha!  I love coffee and often drink two to four cups per day.  For this challenge, I have been drinking bullet proof coffee.  I must say, I am now addicted!  I then formulate my plan in my car.  Also, I have been playing this as my morning anthem on my iPhone play list.  As I settle into my desk, I find it irresistible to knock out all of my emails in my inbox.  GREAT satisfaction.  If you had any idea how many emails I get every day, you would understand.  After I knock out my emails, I have been taking fifteen to twenty minutes to meditate and reflect.  I focus on my wife, my kids and also just try to enjoy the peace of the morning.

Today, Casey wanted to get up and workout at 6:00 am.  So I drove home and picked her up for the gym.  I am quite lucky, I only live two miles away from the office.  My teenager wants to hang out with me and I realize that this won’t always be the case.  She never says much in the morning but I don’t mind. I am just happy to be with her.  Per her request, we ran for about a mile, and then we worked the upper body with bench and dumbbells. At the end of the workout, we both came up with a challenge for the day.  We would each give the other a subject – it could be a person, place, thing or idea and the other person had to take fifteen minutes during the day to learn as much as possible about it.  I gave her Blaise Pascal.  She told I had to Google I am Malala.  Casey, I know that you are reading this so I expect some great conversation over dinner.
So this is my schedule of what I have accomplished and need to knock out:
4:30 Wake Up
5:00 Office – Clean up Outlook – return emails and delete old emails. 
5:30 – Meditate and reflect
6:00 Pick up Casey for workout
7:30 At the office – Blog, administration work, schedule the rest of my day
8:00 – 9:00 Morning meeting, meet with co-workers that I am currently mentoring
9:00 – 10:00 Market candidates to hospitals that are currently working for me
10:00-11:00 Job post, push up jobs to social media and engage on social media
11:00-11:30 Finish job posting and plan the rest of my afternoon
11:30 – 12:00 Research “I am Malala,” and prepare a full report for Casey.
I hope you all make it a great day and see you tomorrow morning! 
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment