Wednesday, October 7, 2015


“Fatigue makes fools of us all. It robs you of your skills and your judgment, and it blinds you to creative solutions. It's the best-conditioned athlete, not the most talented, who generally wins when the going gets tough.” Harvey Mackay

Good morning to you all!  I had a great (and restful) weekend and now have hit the ground running with the second week of this challenge.  I have done it for a week and a  half, and I am now waking up automatically between 4:00  and 4:30 every morning.  No matter how much or how little of sleep I got from the previous night.  Funny how the body adjusts to a routine. 

As a father of five, my wife and I have try to teach our children the necessity of making good choices every single day; and how they will have to live with the consequences of their choices.  This has been very “real” for me the past week and a half.  If I make the choice to follow the routine I developed and get the necessary sleep, I am fine with my energy level and I have a productive day (this has been most of the time); however, if I make the choice to stay up and don’t get my necessary rest, I will tell ya I am hurting the next day.  I regret to say this has happened on more than one occasion. 
The photo is of our dog Rusty at 4:30 am.  He is not too happy in the morning.

Carpe diem!

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment