Thursday, October 29, 2015

This is it!  Final day of the challenge.  I spent the first hour just soaking it all in and enjoying the peace of the morning.  I took a walk around the office to experience it one more time.  So here are my final thoughts:
• Having the support of my wife was key.  If you don’t have a support network when doing a challenge, it makes it very difficult.
• The peacefulness of 4:30 is quite amazing.  No one is out, so it gives you a chance to just “be”; it is a great time to think and reflect; and yes, a great time to get stuff done.
• Even though I wanted to mix it up and change things, getting into a routine is very important.  My routine would be bedtime at 9:30 pm in order to get up at 4:30.  If I kept this routine (which was most of the time), I had no problem getting up. 
• Although my productivity sky rocketed in the morning, it would be hard to keep this pace.  I would typically hit a wall around 2:30 or 3:00.
• The world wakes up and stirs between 5:30 and 6:00. Don’t know why exactly. 
• I had some great workouts! 
• I need to continue to have small, attainable goals in my life in order to achieve the much bigger life goals that I have.  
• My goals need to be a struggle; I need to continue to push myself.   
• Getting up this early takes a lot of discipline!
I have been asked why I did this.  The primary was I did this for myself:
• I wanted to change/mix it up;
• I wanted a new goal that was going to be hard and take effort; that would make me suffer
• I wanted to change to change my routine
• I wanted challenge the way I viewed the world
• I wanted to experience suffering – working a twelve our day tiresome; if you do this you will suffer. 
So if you have been in anyway inspired, here is the challenge for you:  take on a challenge that will push you.  Change things up! It’s ok to suffer a little.  And then break down this challenge into small obtainable goals.  Perhaps getting up 30 minutes early to run; perhaps read a new book (start with one chapter at a time); or learn something new.  You can do it!
Carpe Diem and make it a great day!
Andy 

No comments:

Post a Comment