Friday, September 25, 2015

Getting Started

Several months ago I read a blog written by Filipe Castro Matos on what he learned waking up at 4:30 in the morning for 21 days straight.  I felt inspired to do the same.  A few weeks ago I sat down with my wife and we (together) decided to give it a go.
My motivation is several fold:

  • Productivity.  I hope to reach a new level of productivity during the day.  The big advantage that I can see is that there will be little to no distractions.
  • To view this world from a different lens and perspective.  The world is a very different place at 4:30 am than it is at any time I typically get up, which can range from 6:00 am on the week days to 8:00 am or so on the weekends. 
  • Getting up this early will force me to have discipline over my schedule.  Recently I have become frustrated at my lack of focus and discipline throughout the day.  I feel if I wake up this early, I will be forced to have a plan and keep a schedule or else all of my efforts and energy will be lost and wasted.
  • Increase my exercise workout routine.  
  • And finally to mix it up/change it up.  I have become frustrated with my daily routine.  I feel if I don't do something, anything, I will get complacent.
My start date is on Monday, 9/28/2015.  I will keep you updated daily on challenges and progress.

Andy 

No comments:

Post a Comment